Montgomery County Intermediate Unit
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit (MCIU) is seeking applicants for the position of Grant Services Supervisor. The Grant Services Supervisor will be responsible for leading the MCIU in enterprise-wide grant activities, offering guidance in grant development to administrators, and seeking out grant opportunities that will benefit the MCIU and its programs. The Grant Services Supervisor will work closely with MCIU staff across the organization and grant partners to develop grant applications, gather and monitor data, and develop reports for grant-related activities. The goal of this position is to increase competitive grant writing within the MCIU and to provide project support for specific large grants that require management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree and/or Grants Professionals Certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of grant writing experience.
- Knowledge of grant/project/contract administration, management, and reporting.
- Knowledge of grant budgeting practices, including the ability to collect, organize, and interpret budget information, provide budgetary projections, and prepare accurate reports.
- Knowledge of current technologies used in developing and monitoring grants; knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to supervise and work effectively and cooperatively with administrative, professional, and non-professional staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and execute multiple complicated and continuing grants in a timely manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrators and staff.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
- Provides leadership in grant development, conducting appropriate activities to identify grant opportunities for MCIU and component school districts and to secure such grants, including submission/writing of grant proposals as needed.
- Serves as a manager of grant services with expertise in grant research and development to provide strategic leadership, technical assistance, grant-related services and support, and communication to MCIU administrators and grant partners.
- Effectively designs, implements, and evaluates MCIU competitive grant writing activities across the organization, including but not limited to, identifying grant opportunities, writing grant applications, gathering data necessary for grants, and crafting grant reports in a regular and timely manner.
- Collaborates with administrators and staff to ensure that grant activities are tightly aligned with the goals and objectives of grant programs and in accordance with policies and regulations.
- Supervises the personnel and functions for grants development and grants accounting.
- Stays abreast of current grant resources, grant writing best practices, and developments at the local, state, and national levels to incorporate in all aspects of work.
- Oversees the research of competitive grants from local foundations, grants.gov, the Foundation Center, and similar websites, and communicates opportunities with appropriate administrators.
- Proactively and efficiently collects and organizes data to use for grant applications and as required by the goals and objectives of specific, large grant programs; delivers to administrators in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the terms and conditions of agreements are met and properly documented by maintaining a grants database, managing grants files, directing contract/agreement review and signature processes, tracking timelines, deliverables, and budgets, tracking all grant/contract restrictions, and tracking all matching funds.
- Maintains comprehensive and accurate records (e.g. meeting minutes, activity notes, summaries, reports, travel records, and budget) for all grant-related activities.
- Prepares a variety of presentations, reports, and correspondence regarding grants’ status, compliance activities and/or issues.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains internal and external relationships and partnerships that enhance programs and services to MCIU districts and the MCIU organization.
- Administers funds to ensure compliance with regulations, budget processes, and grant requirements.
FOOD SERVICE SUPPORT
- Oversee food service operations for the MCIU.
- Facilitate opportunities for cooperative initiatives regarding food service operations with local school districts.
$81,400 - $96,900/annually
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates must apply online: www.mciu.org/jobs. EOE
Open until filled