Delaware County Intermediate Unit
CHESTER UPLAND SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Delaware County Intermediate Unit is pleased to conduct the search for the next Superintendent of the Chester Upland School District.
The Chester Upland School District is a midsized, urban public school district serving the City of Chester, the Borough of Upland and Chester Township in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Located between Philadelphia and Wilmington, Delaware, the District educates about 3,200 students in grades Pre-K – 12, with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. About 203 teachers make up the classroom staff. Though faced with challenges, Chester Upland’s proud history and the feeling of “C-Pride,” long associated with the District's highly successful sports and cheerleading programs, remains alive and well.
The Chester Upland School District is committed to providing all students the opportunity to achieve excellence in the four A's: Academics, Athletics, Arts, and Activities.
For every student to graduate from high school ready for college and/or a career in spite of any and all challenges.
Every student and adult feels cared for, valued, and supported every minute of every day. Every student completes middle school ready for high school. Every student completes elementary school ready for middle school.
Are You Our Next Leader? Do You Possess the Following? If so, you are invited to apply:
- Commitment to a positive educational and learning experience for all children and staff.
- Commitment to the interests of all stakeholders in the community of parents, students, and staff.
- Strong foundation in systems approach to operations, curriculum, instruction and assessment, educational best practices, and creating climates of respect and safe schools.
- Understanding of needs of turnaround districts.
- Knowledge of school finance, business management, school law, and human resources.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Superintendent PA Letter of Eligibility Certification, or out of state -- Eligible for PA Letter.
- Prior experience as a Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent in a diverse community.
- Doctorate in Education (preferred).
To apply: Chester-Upland Superintendent Application Deadline: March 15, 2020
Competitive salary and benefit package.
For additional information contact Dr. Maria Edelberg, Executive Director at 610-938-9000 ext. 2056 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more information about the Chester Upland School District, visit www.chesteruplandsd.org.