Pocono Mountain School District
The Assistant Superintendent for Special Education implements the school strategic priorities, initiatives, policies, programs, and leads system efforts to provide an appropriate education for exceptional students under IDEA, Section 504 and Gifted Education. Major duties include ensuring an effective and efficient operation of the department including compliance of all laws and regulations under IDEA, Section 504 and Gifted Education.
● Bachelors’ and Masters’ Degree in Education or related fields
● Doctorate preferred
● Pennsylvania Letter of Eligibility
● Ten (10) years’ experience in public education five of which must be in administration and/or Special Education preferred
● Strong legal knowledge pertaining to IDEA, Gifted Education, Section 504
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Strong leadership and communication skills
● Strong organizational skills
● Ability to work without close supervision
● Use and knowledge of technology is preferred·
● Act 34, Act 151, Act 114, Act 82 or other required clearances
Please send your letter of interest, standard application, resume and 3 letters of recommendations to: Humanrespurces@pmsd.org
POSTED: 02/11/2020 EXPIRES: TDB
The Pocono Mountain School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, sex and handicap in its activities, programs or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX and Section 504.