Montgomery County Intermediate Unit
Program Administrator - Student Services (Autistic Support K-12)
A vacancy exists for a Program Administrator - Student Services (Autistic Support K-12) for the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit. The Program Administrator – Office of Student Services (Autistic Support K-12) supervises appropriate educational programs for students identified as having exceptional educational needs: plan, organize, and supervise the activities of the instructional and support staff for an effective and efficient delivery of diagnostic and instructional services, and assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Student Services.
- Advanced Degree in education or related field.
- Valid PA Supervisory Level Certificate in appropriate field of expertise and/or a valid PA Elem or Secondary Principal.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of certified professional experience in appropriate field
- Experience working effectively and cooperatively with administration, parents, and professional and non-professional staff within the educational community.
- Ability to supervise and work effectively and cooperatively with administrative, professional, and non-professional staff.
- Proficiency in the use of technology for individual communication and research.
- Employs good oral and written communication skills; demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Possesses effective interpersonal skills with the ability to interface diplomatically with other teachers, administrators, parents, students, support staff, and outside professional contacts.
- Qualities of leadership and good communication skills.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
- Improve the instructional program via teacher observations, recommendations, demonstrations, and staff development activities. These shall include but not be limited to: assessment techniques, classroom management strategies, appropriate affective educational interactions, report writing, setting of curricular components (goals, objectives, activities), IEP writing, parental conferencing, effective staff relationships with other staff and school district personnel, program evaluation strategies, and record keeping.
- Responsible to monitor cost centers/budget to ensure operating with MCIU fiscal guidelines and within budget.
- Rate the performance of each assigned staff member on an annual basis according to MCIU policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the planning, development, and implementation of the curricula. Assure that curricular materials necessary to implement the program are in place and that all instructional areas are taught in accordance with program standards.
- Assist with the interviewing of potential new staff members and in recommending assignments and/or transfer of existing staff.
- Assist in providing orientation to program operations for new staff members or those transferred to the program from other areas of special education.
- Assume responsibility for the flow of students into and out of the program including IEP processes, due process procedures, appropriate grouping of students, and criteria for admission and withdrawal.
- Coordinate the multidisciplinary team's functioning including assisting staff in the diagnosis of the student's difficulties, strategies for improving the student's conditions, and management procedures.
- Remain abreast of new and innovative service delivery systems and practice through research, attendance and participation in professional organizations and conferences, course work, workshops, and/or self-initiated study where appropriate; apply these practices to continuing program development, professional organizations, and IU staff development in a timely manner.
- Assure that the staff conducts ongoing student evaluations, ensure appropriateness of the educational program.
- Assist with the ongoing evaluation of the program to provide data for program improvement.
- Work cooperatively with other IU staff.
- Serve as a liaison to district administrative personnel in a professional and cooperative working relationship.
- Assume additional duties as assigned by the Director and/or Assistant Director.
$104,690 - $123,165/annual (pro-rated)
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.mciu.org/jobs (JobID: 493)