Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit
Center for Schools and Communities Strategic Initiatives Director
Job Location: Camp Hill, PA
The Center for Schools and Communities (CSC) a statewide education, training and technical assistance organization, is seeking qualified candidate for a full-time position as a Strategic Initiatives Director. The anticipated start date will be July 1, 2020.
This position supports the CSC Director in the overall administration, fiscal viability, direction, and coordination of CSC; providing support of the leadership, management, strategic growth and development of CSC. The CSC Strategic Initiatives Director assists with complex, sensitive, and broad-scoped responsibilities and is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of statewide programs and services. The CSC Strategic Initiatives Director supports the work of all projects at the CSC, specifically, Youth Development, Family Support and Statewide Adoption Network. The CSC Strategic Initiatives Director will also serve at the Director’s request as the primary contact person with the appropriate state, federal and private funding partners in terms of contract negotiation, administrative meetings, concept development and program implementation. Work is performed with considerable independence subject to review through regular meetings and written reports to the CSC Director.
Salary: $80,000 – 90,000 dependent on qualifications. This is an exempt position working a 260 day per year, 12-month work schedule. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance; retirement options including Pennsylvania Public School Employees Retirement System (PSERS) and life insurance options.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Master’s Degree in Education or related Social Sciences and a minimum of 10 years’ experience managing or directing education or human services organizations including at least seven (7) years of supervisory experience.
- Management experience and knowledge in these major operational areas:
• Program Development
• Public Policy/Administration
• Finance and Budget
• Evaluation and Data Analysis
- Extensive knowledge of:
• Functioning of federal and state government, and LEAs including fiscal and programmatic standards, regulations and laws.
• Departmental policies and guidelines relating to funded initiatives and operational procedures.
- Higher order thinking, including the ability to analyze and synthesize complex and sensitive data and information.
- Ability to conceive and expand innovative concepts related to programs and services with experience in strategic planning and project management.
- Knowledge, experience, and well-developed understanding of educational service agencies, contracting processes, and fiscal and grant management.
- High level verbal communication skills, including extensive public speaking experience.
- High level written communication skills and experience.
- Ability to direct multiple activities and priorities.
- Ability to work independently or to contribute as part of a larger team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain positive relationships and communications with colleagues and clients both internal and external.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal professionally with sensitive issues.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to negotiate contracts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
For additional information about CSC, please visit http://www.center-school.org. For additional information about the position, to view the job description or to apply online, please go to www.csiu.org/jobs . In addition to completing the online application, interested applicants must upload current cover letter, resume and college transcripts conferring degree(s). Apply by Friday, April 3, 2020. EOE.
The CSC, located in Camp Hill, PA is a division of the Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit (CSIU) and participates in the PA School Employees Retirement System (PSERS).