- Opening session: Navigating the Potential Legislative Changes Brewing at the State Capital
- Political and Education representatives - discussing future budget implications
- PSBA/PSEA legislative representatives and State funding
- Health Care Panel discussion and preparing for negotiations
- Dr. Terry Madonna examines the political landscape
- PASPA President’s Reception
- Progressive Discipline and employee improvement plans
- Non-discrimination of employers related to transgender employees, step by step plans and avoiding legal issues
- Changes to FLSA and the new I-9
- PDE updates, plus PIMS and TIMS
- The teacher shortage
- Networking with your Pennsylvania colleagues
- Vendors and exhibits tailored to the needs of your H.R. office
Thank you to our Conference Sponsors:
- Platinum: Educational Solutions Services; Frontline Education; Harris School Solutions; Hillendale Associates; SafeSchools.
- Gold Sponsor: PA Educator.
- Silver Sponsor: National Insurance Services of Wisconsin; University of Phoenix
Make your hotel reservations with the Harrisburg-Hershey Sheraton Hotel, 717-564-5511.
April 4 - HR Assistant and Support Staff Workshop - 9:30 am - 4:30 pm, Harrisburg-Hershey Sheraton. Registration opens very soon.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR "Spring Boot Camp Series": This four part series began in December of last year and continues with Part II this spring. The second installment of the popular PASPA HR Boot Camp is scheduled for May 11, 2017 and will be presented at ARIN Intermediate Unit in Indiana, PA. This installment, as in the past, will be offered for attendance both on-site as well as via webinar broadcast. Part II in the timely series will focus on an overview of the Hiring Process and On-boarding. Parts III and IV will focus on Labor Relations, Negotiations, Contract Administration and Grievance/Arbitration.
Registration information will be forthcoming soon via both E-Alert and posted to the website. Attend one or attend all of the remaining series. Mark your calendar now and plan to attend on-site or via webinar!
PASPA Boot Camp Series: Part II, May 11, 2017, ARIN Intermediate Unit 28, Indiana, PA
Part III, October 5, 2017, Seneca Highlands IU 9, Smethport, PA
Part IV, Date and Location to be announced soon.
By renewing now, you will continue to receive all of the benefits and professional services that PASPA has to offer. PASPA is the only broad-based, statewide organization dedicated to school personnel professionals. Join your fellow PASPA colleagues in schools throughout the state and renew your PASPA membership today!
- Annual Conference
- Professional Development Academies
- Timely Webinars
- Special Pricing for Professional Development Opportunities
- Website Resources – Informational Emails, Position Postings, Member Requests and More
- Member Exclusive Consultation Services
- Professional Mentoring Opportunities and Services
- HR Department Reviews/Support Services
- Networking Opportunities with other HR Professionals statewide
In 2015/16, PASPA offered professional development academies at seven locations across the state and provided, in partnership with EPASPA, a series of four topic timely webinars. PASPA also hosted the annual conference, our largest professional development and a most timely and successful “Transgender Issues in the Schools” webinar, both offered to the membership at a modest cost.
MEMBERS ONLY - Log in, and view under "Member Bonus" Archived webinars with handouts
Employee Investigations, January 13, 2017 (Note: ALL handouts and the ppt. are available in "Member Bonus"
Sexual Harassment and Beyond, January 8, 2017
Negotiations, November 11, 2016
Drug & Alcohol Testing Policies - Key Issues for School Districts, Oct. 6, 2016
PDE Updates & Certification, May 13, 2016
Effective Hiring Practices, April 8, 2016
2016 Conference Presentations
Sexual Harassment & Beyond, Academy Webinar, January 8, 2016
Act 168 "Pass the Trash"; Educator Discipline Act Amendments
2015, 2014, 2014 Conference Presentations